Why does Fencing New Zealand need a CFC22 Project Manager?
The Commonwealth Senior and Veteran Fencing Championships, due to be held in London in August 2022, is now to be combined with the Cadet and Junior Championships.
This will see New Zealand send its largest team to an overseas event ever.
Planning for such an event is crucial and given the added uncertainty and additional complications of the Global Covid-19 pandemic, the FeNZ Board has agreed to appoint a person responsible for the planning leading up to the event.
This is a planning role with FeNZ appointing a Chief de Mission and other tour roles prior to the event.
Duties of the FeNZ CFC22 Project Manager
The CFC22 Project Manager will:
- liaise with FeNZ Secretary General
- produce timeline of activities and deliverables leading up to the event
- manage and track the delivery against the agreed deliverables
- develop proposal for other tour roles
- assist with filling tour roles
- liaise with the organisers of CFC22 on behalf of FeNZ
- co-ordinate with New Zealand athletes, coaches, and officials
- co-ordinate team travel and accommodation requirements
- co-ordinate other requirements including but not limited to track suits and clothing
- regular monthly reporting to FeNZ Board
- attend FeNZ Board meetings as required
- in conjunction with Chief de Mission, produce post event report.
How to apply