With the constant changes around Covid19 Alert Levels, there has been a great deal of uncertainty affecting all our fencers, their families, officials and coaches. As you’re aware, this has made it difficult to plan our major National Events, with all of them to date being cancelled or postponed. Many people will understandably now be reluctant to travel.

As we are all aware, with the recent recurrence of cases of Covid19, Auckland is currently in Level 3 lockdown and the rest of the country is in Level 2. This is expected to continue until 26th August, with a review by the government this Friday, 21st August.

With the news last night that NZ has it's first confirmed Covid-19 community transmission in over 100 days and the increased alert levels across the country, the Fencing New Zealand Board has agreed to postpone the President's Cup, which was due to be held in Wellington this coming weekend.

Guidance on fencing club activities outside of the Auckland region will be released as the situation becomes clearer, however at this stage providing the Alert Level 2 guidelines are followed they can continue.

The President's Cup, the first national event of the year, will be held in Wellington 15th and 16th August. The NZ National Secondary Schools Championships will be held in Christchurch in September.

Load more

Recent News